The decimal fraction cards are designed for 6-12-year-old children to solve complex mathematical operations.
What are Montessori Decimal Cards?
It is a printable material consists of four cards representing the different categories of numbers in the ‘base ten’ or decimal system.
- The smallest numbers, 1 – 9, are ‘unit cards’, and are green in color.
- The numbers 1 to 9 by tens are printed in blue,
- The numbers 1 to 9 by hundreds are in red,
- The numbers 1 to 9 by thousands are in green.
The numeral cards tell us the decimal number’s “first name.”
0.1 = one-tenth
0.01 = one hundredth
0.001 = one thousandth
and so on
Decimal Number Cards shall be used along with a decimal fraction board to learn more mathematical operations.
Benefits of Decimal number cards
- It helps to understand the hierarchies of numbers
- It helps to understand linear counting
- It is helpful in decimal system operation
Click on the download button to print decimal number cards.
To learn about how decimal numbers are introduced in the Montessori curriculum, watch the video lesson here. With this video lesson, a child will learn addition operations on decimals using cubes, a decimal board, and number cutouts.
For more math lessons, visit: https://theglobalmontessorinetwork.org/math-resources/