The decimal fraction cards are designed for 6-12-year-old children to solve complex mathematical operations.
What is a Decimal Number Board?
The Decimal Board helps the child to solve decimal equations at ease.
The materials required, along with the Decimal fraction board, are Decimal Number Cards. It is an economical option to introduce a decimal fraction board to the children at home.
It helps to perform various mathematical operations such as:
- Dynamic Addition Equations (carrying)
- Dynamic Subtraction Equations (borrowing)
- Addition, subtraction and multiplication Equations
- Powers of Ten
- Division of the whole number by Decimal
- Division of decimal number by Whole
- Division of decimal number by Decimal
Click the download button for a free decimal board printable.
To learn about how decimal numbers are introduced in the Montessori curriculum, watch the video lesson here. With this video lesson, a child will learn addition operations on decimals using cubes, a decimal board, and number cutouts.
For more math lessons, visit: https://theglobalmontessorinetwork.org/math-resources/