Grammar Symbols – Preposition Worksheet
This identifying pronoun worksheet is designed for 3-6-year-old children to help them identify articles, nouns, adjectives, verbs, adverbs, pronouns, and prepositions in a sentence using grammar symbols.
This pronoun worksheet is 7th in the series when introducing English grammar to a child in Montessori education. This helps children develop strong grammar skills and communicate effectively with their friends and family. It also prepares a child to read and write complex sentences.
How to Identify Articles, Nouns, Adjectives, Verbs, Adverbs, Pronouns, and Prepositions in a Sentence?
- Noun – is a word for a person, place, or thing. For example, Newyork, city, bus, family, etc.
- Article – An article is a class that represents nouns. For example, a, an, and the.
- Adjectives – words that describe nouns. e.g. blue, tall, fat, etc.
- Verb – action words in a sentence that describe what the subject is doing. e.g. doing, walking, talking, etc.
- Adverb – a word that adds more information about a place, time, manner, cause, or degree to a verb, an adjective, a phrase, or another adverb. e.g extremely funny, speak slowly, late, well, etc.
- Pronouns – A pronoun is a word that is used instead of a noun or noun phrase. Pronouns refer to either a noun that has already been mentioned or to a noun that does not need to be named specifically. e.g. his, her, its, ours, their, etc.
- Preposition – a word or group of words used before a noun, pronoun, or noun phrase to show direction, time, place, location, spatial relationships, or to introduce an object. e.g. at, on, of, above etc.
In this worksheet, children will put their understanding of articles, nouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs, pronouns, and prepositions and test them using grammar symbols.
This worksheet also includes instructions and an example to follow to analyze sentences.
Download the worksheet and help the children to excel in their academics.
Helps the child learn and practice the application of rule 4 of capitalizationView Worksheet