This identifying Interjection worksheet is designed for 6-12-year-old children to help them identify articles, nouns, adjectives, verbs, adverbs, pronouns, prepositions, conjunctions, and interjections in a sentence using grammar symbols.
This interjection worksheet is 8th in the series when introducing English grammar to a child in Montessori education. It helps children develop strong grammar skills and communicate effectively with their friends and family. It also prepares a child to read and write complex sentences.
How to Identify Interjections and Other Parts of Speech in a Sentence?
- Noun – A noun is a word for a person, place, or thing. For example, Newyork, city, bus, family, etc.
- Article – An article is a class that represents nouns. For example, a, an, and the.
- Adjectives – words that describe nouns. e.g. blue, tall, fat, etc.
- Verb – action words in a sentence that describe what the subject is doing. e.g. doing, walked, talking etc.
- Adverb – a word that adds more information about place, time, manner, cause or degree to a verb, an adjective, a phrase or another adverb. e.g extremely funny, speak slowly, late, well, etc.
- Pronouns – A pronoun is a word that is used instead of a noun or noun phrase. Pronouns refer to either a noun that has already been mentioned or to a noun that does not need to be named specifically. e.g. his, her, its, ours, their, etc.
- Preposition – a word or group of words used before a noun, pronoun, or noun phrase to show direction, time, place, location, spatial relationships, or to introduce an object. e.g. at, on, of, above etc.
- Conjunctions – a word that is used for joining other words, phrases or sentences e.g. and, or, but, etc.
- Interjections – a word or phrase independent from the surrounding words, and mainly express feeling rather than meaning.
In this interjection worksheet, children will put their understanding of different grammar elements and test them using grammar symbols.
It also includes instructions and an example to follow to analyze sentences. Download the interjection worksheet and help the children to excel in their academics.
Helps the child learn and practice the application of rule 4 of capitalizationView Worksheet